Project Name: COLHYBRID – Innovative Devices for Bone Regeneration.
Project Code: NORTE-01-0247-FEDER-023345
Main Objective: To strengthen research, technological development and innovation.
Intervention Region: North
Beneficiary Entity: Artur Salgado, S.A.
Approval Date: 14-09-2017
Start Date: 01-12-2017
Conclusion Date: 30-11-2019
Total Eligible Cost: 518.561,00€
European Union Financial Support : ERDF – 368.445,73€
Artur Salgado proposes to study solutions for the treatment of bone tissue injuries, with the aim of creating a support structure for tissue growth.
The objectives of the COLHYBRID project are:
- Developing alternative solutions to existing materials for bone reconstruction;
- Specification of the technologies of the prototype production process focused on the industrial scale necessary for clinical trials;
- Evaluation of the maintenance of the therapeutic capacity of the products obtained after scale-up of production;
- Evaluation of the effect of product quality, scale-up and pre-industrialization of the prototype production process;
- Investigation of the mechanism of action of the guided bone regeneration products;
- Testing under pre-clinical test conditions to validate the results previously obtained in vitro as well as in vivo.
Activities to be performed:
- Technical specifications;
- Design/ Development;
- Prototypes evaluation and optimization;
- Documentation elaboration;
- Promotion and Dissemination of results;
- Technical Management of the Project.